Student Grade Q&A

I have a grade of “N.”

  • An “N” grade means that your instructor did not submit a final grade for you before the deadline date. Your instructor will have to submit a Change of Grade/Removal of Incomplete Form. Both your grade GPA will be updated.

When can I see my grades on MyNMSU and when will my Official transcript be available?

  • Final grades are usually available for students to view one to two days after the Tuesday after finals week. Once all final grades have been released to students we will begin to work on sending out all Official Transcripts that had been ordered.

How do I find my grades and can I get a print out of them?

  • Log onto your MyNMSU and under the Student tab and below the Quick Links box to the left of the screen click on Student Records. From there click on Final Grades, select the term, and click submit. Your final grades along with your Current Term and Cumulative GPA will appear.
  • You can print your grades for the selected term by selecting the File tab at the top right hand of your screen and then selecting print from the drop down menu or you can request an Unofficial Academic Transcript.
  • You can request an Unofficial Academic Transcript by clicking the Student tab, below the Quick Links box to the left of the screen, click Student Records, then Unofficial Academic Transcript.

My transcript is supposed to be sent after my degree is posted. When will it go out?

  • All degrees are to be certified within 10 business days from the date final grades are posted. The Registrar’s Office will send out transcripts within two business days of the degree being certified.

Will I be notified if I’m not in good academic standing?

  • If you are not in good academic standing, you will receive a copy of your grades with your academic standing through your NMSU email. A copy of your grades will not be sent out in the mail.